Something There is a song from Beauty and the Beast sung by Belle and Beast(with Cogsworth, Lumiere and Mrs.
Potts) In the song, it shows Belle and the Beast are forming a love, first friendship after the Beast saves her from the wolves. It also shows a bit of romance between the two which the servants notice happily as they need the love to happen for the spell to be broken. At first, Belle and Beast didn't know what they had for each other, but they realize that there was something that was missing.
Belle: There's something sweet And almost kind But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined But now he's dear, and so unsure I wonder why I didn't see it there before
Beast: She glanced this way I thought I saw And when we touched she didn't shudder at my paw No it can't be, I'll just ignore But then she's never looked at me that way before
Belle: New and a bit alarming Who'd have ever thought that this could be? True that he's no Prince Charming But there's something in him that I simply didn't see
Lumiere: Well, who'd have thought?
Mrs. Potts: Well, bless my soul
Cogsworth: Well, who'd have known?
Mrs. Potts: Well, who indeed?
Lumiere: And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?
Mrs. Potts: It's so peculiar.
Lumiere, Mrs. Potts and Cogsworth: We'll wait and see, a few days more There may be something there that wasn't there before
Cogsworth: Perhaps there's something there That wasn't there before
Mrs. Potts: There may be something there that wasn't there before
- Seemingly, Paige O'Hara, the voice of Belle, had trouble singing the "New and a bit alarming" part of the song because it was rather high for her vocal range. So, Alan Menken and Howard Ashman told her to sing it like Grammy-winner Barbra Streisand, and it obviously helped.
- The song has some similarity with another track Belle, especially the "New and a bit alarming part" with "Oh, isn't this amazing?"
- Scenes from the song (particularly the snowball fight and their being in front of the fireplace) were used for the endings of Issues 3 and and 13 of the Beauty and the Beast comics line by Marvel Comics.
- This is the first Disney song to be used in a MCF "episode" that is sung by a MCF member as she falls for the anti-hero.
- Belle and Beast(with Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth)(Beauty and the Beast)
- Jacko and Bella(with Jacko's Band members)(MCF: The Pumpkin Singer)