In a story, Sly will end up joining the LMXB group.
He is voiced by Kevin Miller.
For Sly's history outside the MCF series please go here: http://slycooper.wikia.com/wiki/Sly_Cooper
Sly first appears in MCF: Families Reunited at Last: Switched Minds he accidently swapped minds with Princess Melody, being the only Cooper gang member to have switched with a girl. He later appears in 'The Search for Starz' with Ratchet, and Jak having brought some of the others the MCF girs had helped to try to find Starz.
He appears again in MCF and the Dream Pals: First Meeting. His role in the story will not be reveled yet until the story is written.
In MCF and the Cooper Caper, Sly and the Cooper gang find and save a young girl named Princess Vivan who they take under their wing after seeing how lonely she was. They then learn the power she was given is stealing her life and one of the foes the Cooper gang faced in the past was the one who kidnapped and given the gift to Vivan. More details will be realeshed when the story is written.
Being a raccoon, Sly has grey fur with black stripes and mask. His ensemble consists of a blue elbow-sleeved shirt with a yellow collar, blue boots, blue gloves with yellow cuffs, and a blue peasant's cap. Around his waist is a belt with the buckle shaped in the form of the Cooper symbol. On his back is a small red backpack for storing away items and keeping his calling cards.
In Sly 2 and 3, Sly forgoes the backpack for a red leg pouch attached to his left thigh.
In Sly 4, with the exception of looking a little older and more mature, Sly now wears a red backpack like he did in te first Sly game for his paraglider, and the red pouch on his leg has been replaced by a brown pouch. His belt buckle also has gold trim around the Cooper symbol. His backpack also has a Sanzaru Game logo on it.
Sly Cooper is, as the first game describes him, a "cunning, devious, Thievius Raccoonus." He uses his wit, his courage, and his skills to pull off jobs, and he usually has a sarcastic remark in hand. However, he remains loyal and dedicated to his friends; especially Bentley and Murray, his two close friends since childhood, and Carmelita Fox, his love interest. Deep inside that demeanor he holds, it's possible he's a bit lonely, as he said that he misses his father at one point in the Comics. But he never dwells in the past, and stays in the present, to seek for his next adventure.
Sly's primary weapon in the series is his family's cane, which is a brown staff ending in a golden hook. Many of his ancestors also had weapons incorporating the trademark hook, and the cane has become an infamous symbol of the Cooper Gang. Sly is also very capable with his cane and is a powerful opponent in a fight, repeatedly being shown beating opponents much larger and better equipped than himself.
Years of training and natural ability passed down through the Cooper bloodline have given Sly vast agility, balance, and reflexes, allowing him to perform feats that few can equal. In addition, he has learned every ability detailed in the Thievius Raccoonus, including balancing on the tops of sharp points, rope and pole climbing, invisibility, swinging on hooks, and running on wires. His skills include parkour, gymnastics, pickpocketing, safecracking, mastery of disguise, time manipulation, and others.
- In some cartoon cross over fanfic, Sly and Wing are a couple.
- Sly Cooper bears a striking resemblance to Jojo the Raccoon from Sucker Punch's first title Rocket: Robot on Wheels. This is ironic, since Sly's nemesis, Clockwerk, is a giant robotic owl, and Rocket, a robot, was the protagonist of Rocket: Robot on Wheels, while Jojo the Raccoon was the villain.
- In the Japanese versions of the games, he is dubbed by Tomokazu Seki, who was also a seiyuu in G Gundam, as Domon Kasshu.
- However, during some portions of the games and Sly 3 onwards (as well as in the Japanese version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale), Sly is voiced by Takeshi Kusao, well known for voicing Trunks from Dragon Ball Z, Yukimura Sanada from Sengoku Musou/Samurai Warriors, and Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear.
- Sly's signature color is blue. Unlike Bentley and Murray (and most characters), his is not based off his skin (or rather his fur) but off his attire.
- However, most of his attack auras are golden yellow Carmelita's signature color.
- Concepts shown in a "making of" movie in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus show that Sly's early designs ranged from him wearing nothing more than his hat and shoes to even being chubby.
- Sly Cooper won "Best New Character" at the Game Developer's Conference for 2002 and the Best Stealth Character by DragonAx for 2011.
- Sly is of multi-racial decent (English, Scottish, Middle Eastern, Egyptian, and Japanese in particular) based on his ancestry.
- Sucker Punch originally planned Sly's name to be JT, not Sly, accompanied with a different voice actor. This can be found in in the " The Evolution of Sly" bonus video on Sly 3.
- Sly, Bentley, and Murray, in contrast to their real life species, can't swim, because they never learned how to when they were in the orphanage. In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, you can get a page from the Thievius Raccoonus that lets you recover from falling into water. This does not carry over to the other games.
- Sly uses two signatures throughout the series in Sly 2 when he sends Carmelita some post cards he uses a capital S as his signature but in other times uses his whole first name.
- Sly's last name, "Cooper", can mean "barrel-maker" in the English language. This is possibly a reference to how, in the first two games, Sly is able to hide in barrels to avoid being seen by his enemies.
- During cutscenes in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly appears to have entirely yellow gloves and black shoes, although during gameplay Sly goes back to his blue gloves and shoes.
- In the beginning of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly is exactly 18 years old, having to obtaining the Thievius Racconus when he was 8 years old, meaning that 10 years have passed before the start of the game.
- Sly's athletic abilities prove to be valuable in rare occasions in some missions, despite the doubts of few other characters, such as Bentley; for instance, in the fourth game during the second part of the Grand Key Larceny mission.
- Sly is the second thief to join a MCF group. The first being Wing who joined MCF and the third being Raphael who joins JLMXB.
- MCF: Families Reunited At Last(debut; Episode Switched Minds; The Search for Starz)
- MCF Toon Hybrid and the Racer (Coming soon)
- MCF and the Dream Pals: First Meeting
- MCF: Heroes of Tomorrow
- MCF and the Cooper Caper (Joins LMXB)