Rancis Fluggerbutter is a character in Wreck-It Ralph. He is one of the racers fromSugar Rush, and he is also one of the children who had bullied Vanellope for her status as a glitch. He is part of a large group of children, but seemed to usually be withTaffyta and Candlehead. He seems to be a close to Taffyta and her group. He is associated with peanut butter cups and drives a chocolate vehicle called the Kit Kart, a parody of the Kit Kat bar. Rancis is a young boy with fair, freckled skin, rosy cheeks, bright blue eyes, and deep blonde hair styled into an upward cowlick. He wears a Reese's hat and brown blazer over an orange shirt with two yellow stripes on it; brown pants, and chocolate brown shoes which have a chocolate syrup rim. His blazer has peanut butter-colored accents on the sleeves. For racing he wears a chocolate and peanut butter helmet with a yellow visor. He is voiced by Jamie Elman.
Rancis is first seen in the movie racing and then giving a gold coin to King Candy but is disturbed by Vanellope's arrival. King Candy tries to arrest her, but Wreck-It Ralph distracts the guards. Rancis is called by Taffyta and he, along with a large group of other racers, follow Vanellope to a junkyard where they see her racing kart. After failing to convince her not to race, Rancis starts kicking her kart, and the other racers start vandalizing the kart while Taffyta yells at Vanellope and tosses her into a mud puddle. Ralph comes out and charges at them and Rancis and the other racers jump into their karts and drive away.
Rancis is next seen at the Random Roster Race, and Vanellope also comes with a new kart. The other racers are unable to get past the obstacles in the race, but Vanellope easily gets close to Rancis, Taffyta and Candlehead. Upon seeing her, Rancis and Taffyta order Candlehead to light the cherry bombs that explode near Vanellope. Thinking she has been defeated, Rancis, Candlehead and Taffyta drive into a cannon, but then Vanellope suddenly glitches in front of them. This spooks the three into spinning out, causing them to miss the higher part of the course when shot out of the cannon and fall into a cupcake frosting. Soon after, Rancis flees whenSugar Rush is attacked by Cy-Bugs, and King Candy fuses with one of them. After King Candy and the Cy-Bugs are defeated, Vanellope crosses the finish line and Rancis regains his memory that she is princess. He apologizes only to hear Vanellope say she will execute him, to which he breaks down crying with the other racers about their impending death. He calms down after Vanellope reveals that she was joking. Rancis can also be seen with all the other characters at Felix and Calhoun's wedding.
MCF Stories Edit
He appears in "MCF: The Race of Death" where his role is the same as in the movie.
He makes a cameo appearence in "MCF: Adentures in Sophie-Sitting" where Sophie Bennet takes Tafffyta's kart, so Raina has to take his in order to chase her.
- MCF: The Race of Death(Debut)
- MCF: Adventures in Sophie-Sitting(Return; cameo)
- Rancis is one of the only three boy racers along with Gloyd Orangeboar andSwizzle Malarkey.
- "Rancis" is a portmanteau of "Francis" and "Reese's".
- In One Sweet Race it says he is bullied just like Vanellope because he has never won a Sugar Rush Cup race.
- Rancis' go-kart is the Kit Kart, playing on the name of the Kit-Kat candy bar, and is made of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- Rancis's original name was Peterbelly Buttercap. His fan's stands still say "Buttercap" along the bottom.
- He is one of the three Sugar Rush racers that is a boy (the others being Gloyd Orangboar and Swizzle Malarkey).
- His plush is buttered rum scented.
- His fans are anthropomorphic chocolate peanut butter cups.
- In the Vietnamese version, Rancis has a female voice.
- Rancis's helmet has ridges going down the sides in the online game, but in the movie it is striped with yellow rings instead.
- The very different shape of his hat makes Rancis the most conspicuous character to be seen racing without a helmet in early trailers and official artwork (which indicates the helmets were among the last designs to be decided).
- His last name sounds very similar to Torvald's last name, Batterbutter.
- In his concept art, instead of a jacket with a collar, he has a hoodie jacket.
- His kart's name may be a reference to Kit Kats.
- Out of the three boys, Rancis is the only one with speaking lines.
- In both the Dutch dub and Russian dub of the movie he undergoes a gender flip to make him a girl, though in the Russian dub he retains a masculine voice.
- His concept art shows that it could be some of the themes : Chocolate Cake, Donuts, Lemon Cream Pie, Oreos or Strawberry Shortcake.
- In the English audio descriptive version of the movie, Rancis, Taffyta and Candlehead are collectively referred to as 'the girls' in the racing scene. Although Rancis is a boy, his gender does seem a little confused.