Kiba Inuzuka is one of the main supporting characters of the series. He is a Chūnin-level shinobi of Konohagakure and a member of the Inuzuka Dog-User clan, as well as a member of the Chūnin team, Team Kurenai, along with Shino Aburame and Hinata Hyūga. Kiba is usually seen with and fights in collaboration with his partner, Akamaru.
Kiba is often short-tempered and impulsive (in stark contrast to his teammates Shino and Hinata), and can be prone to making mistakes when he becomes agitated in battle. The fact that he enjoys combat, as well as a habit of showing a joyful smile when facing a particularly strong opponent, indicates that he is willing to risk his life for a mission, and is rather bloodthirsty. He deeply cares for Akamaru, and is willing to do whatever is necessary to protect him. And, despite his rather gruff attitude, many of Kiba's actions reveal that he is very close to his older sister, Hana Inuzuka, and remains fiercely loyal to the Inuzuka clan.
Kiba's personality and jutsu style are further enhanced by his wild appearance. While clearly human, he has several physical traits more akin to animals. Like the rest of his clan, he has messy brown hair, sharp black eyes with vertical slit-like pupils, pronounced canine teeth, and nails that he can change into claws. He also has the distinct red fang markings of the Inuzuka clan on his cheeks.
Read more at: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kiba_Inuzuka
In the MCF series, he is Skyla's beloved boyfriend as it shows that she makes him smile, showing that other than Akamaru, he's very soft with Skyla.
- LMXB: Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
- MCF: The Pumpkin Singer
- Kiba was ranked as 15th most popular character in the sixth and most recent Naruto character popularity poll. He was 12th in the fifth poll and 17th in the fourth.
- Kiba means "fang", whilst Inu means "dog" and zuka means "a small hill".
- In the seventh Naruto Shippūden opening, Kiba is shown fighting the Deva Path along with Neji, Rock Lee, and Tenten, though in the manga, he fights against the Preta Path.
- While stating that he hasn't noticed the increased size of Akamaru, in an omake of the Naruto: Shippūden episode 94, Kiba did admit to noticing Akamaru needing more shampoo for baths, accumulating more loose fur while being brushed, and a painful
experience of the larger Akamaru jumping on Kiba's head.
- His name, Kiba Inuzuka, is based on the samurai Inuzuka of Nansō Satomi Hakkenden, a novel about a dog samurai.
- Kiba was exposed to Naruto's farting three times. First during the Chūnin Exams, then on the mission to find the bikōchū beetle, and third during the Three-Tails Arc in Part II.
- Kiba shares the same birthday as Akamaru which is on the start of Tanabata (七夕; Literally meaning "Evening of the seventh") which is the Japanese star festival.
- According to the databook(s):
- Kiba's hobby is to take walks with Akamaru.
- Kiba also eats with Akamaru, and personally prepares Akamaru's food. He
also bathes with Akamaru, and lets Akamaru sleep in his bed with him, and while on missions, Kiba used to let Akamaru sleep in his sleeping bag — these days Kiba will just huddle up with Akamaru and share a blanket with him.
- Kiba wishes for a rematch with Naruto Uzumaki.
- Kiba's favourite foods are beef steak jerky, and cartilage, whilst his least favourite foods are anything that’s not chewy.
- Kiba has completed 50 official missions in total: 21 D-rank, 19 C-rank, 8 B-rank, 2 A-rank, 0 S-rank.
- Kiba's favourite word is "Akamaru" (赤丸).