Ember McClain is one of the villains on Danny PHantom. She is a seductive Rockstar ghost who is determined to take over the world with her music. She debut in the episode "Fanning the Flames' and will make her appearenc ein teh MCF verison of it. She is a pale skinned ghost with blue flamey hair in a ponytail, a black glove, black pants, black tubetop, boots and she has goth make up; she is voiced by Tara Strong.
According to one of the creators for the show, before she died, Ember was an unpopular high school-aged girl who had large dreams of becoming a rock star. One day a boy asked her out to the movies. She waited all night for him to show up, saying, "He's just running late." When morning came and he didn't show up, Ember went home. She was so exhausted that she fell asleep and didn't wake up when her house mysteriously caught fire. She died in the flames, which possibly gave her the name "Ember". Her song "Remember" is possibly based on the above events prior to her death.
Making her debut in Fanning the Flames with her famous song "Remember", Ember used her abilities and pop star status to dominate the world, keeping Danny distracted by placing a love spell on him that makes him fall in love with Sam, while Ember busies herself with her plans of world domination. However, the spell is later broken when Sam, in a desperate move, kisses Dash (to both of their disgust) right in front of Danny. Heartbroken and finally out of the spell, he fights Ember, but she is still way too powerful and traps him in a swirling purple vortex. Danny realizes he needs to stop the chanting and gets Tucker Foley to sing on stage. His horrible singing causes the hypnotized crowd to wake up and stop cheering for Ember, whose powers and flaming hair then fizzle out to nothing as she is captured and banished to the Ghost Zone by Danny, where she deals with an annoying Klemper.
She later attempted to exit the Ghost Zone a few days later in the episode "13", where she was shown in a line heading directly through the Ghost Portal. Jack was idiotically releasing ghosts one at a time by pressing a button which opened the portal doors, telling his family that whenever they press it, the doors open "like this", so you shouldn't press it. Just as it was Ember's turn to exit the Ghost Zone, Johnny 13 alongside Kitty and Shadow cut in front of her on his motorcycle.
She made her second appearance as a main character in the episode "Pirate Radio" where Ember creates a song that makes adults hypnotized by (actually a mellow, ballad version of Remember) so that they can go to a fake cruise, called M. Bersback, a poorly hidden message for "Ember's Back". With this, she teams up with Captain Youngblood. However, she just leaves/escapes the ship, after she accidentally burns the ship's sail, vowing to return. Despite her involvement in the plot, she was not the primary villain of the episode as she was merely a mercenary hired by Youngblood.
She came back in "Reign Storm" with numerous ghosts who fled the Ghost Zone when Pariah Dark was woken up. Later in the same episode, she, along with Danny's other enemies, teamed up to help Danny fight off the ghost king's army.
In "Identity Crisis", Danny, Sam, and Tucker check out Ember's file on Danny's computer, hinting he might have fought with Ember before the beginning of the episode, since Danny mentioned sending her back to the Ghost Zone.
In an alternate future (seen in "The Ultimate Enemy"), Ember is overweight and can no longer sing due to her vocal cords being damaged by Dark Danny. She attacks regular Danny along with some of his enemies, wanting revenge for the terrible fate his future-self gave them. In this alternate future, her appearance seems to be modeled after late famous overweight singer Cass Elliot of the Mamas and the Papas band (interestingly, band members John and Michelle Phillips would later have their daughter Chynna Phillips (who did the voice of Kitty)).
She makes a cameo in "The Fright Before Christmas" as one of the many ghosts helping Danny save Christmas.
In "Girls' Night Out", Ember teams up with Kitty and Spectra in a joint attempt to eliminate all men. This is the episode where her new song "Girl's Night Out" is played with Jazz (ironically, who was twice a victim of her mind-controlling musical powers in the previous episodes "Fanning the Flames" and "Pirate Radio", which in this episode, this attempt to personally capture Ember could presumably be Jazz's act of revenge on Ember for putting her under her spell more than once in the past) as a backup singer. It is also revealed that Ember is Skulker's girlfriend (this was established only for Ember to have something in common with Kitty and Spectra).
Ember's final appearance was in the series finale, Phantom Planet. She was seen with the many ghosts who helped Danny and Skulker turn the entire planet intangible, so that Disasteroid can pass harmlessly through it.
She'll make her MCF debut in "MCF: Fanning the Flames" where her role is the same as the episode, except that she has to deal with Raina, Tricia and Sylvia who have to save their friends from Ember's spell.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Being a ghost, Ember has many of the same abilities as other ghostly characters on the show as well as her own special powers, such as:
- Flight: Standard ghost power, she can also fly with her guitar as a flying board.
- Invisibility: Standard ghost power
- Intangibility: Standard ghost power
- Teleportation: She can appear and disappear in a purple smoke cloud, and/or disappear in a hair-flame tornado.
- Ghost Ray: She can fire a pink blast and other blasts from her guitar.
- Hypnotic Music: When she plays her guitar and/or sings, she can hypnotize people, usually young people, although she can hypnotize adults (and those who think that they are adults) as well.
- Chanting Empowering: Whenever people chant her name, the effect seemingly causes her hair to flare wildly and her eyes to glow, thus rapidly increasing her power. This is her biggest advantage and her worst weaknesses, because if people cease their chanting, her fiery ponytail extinguishes, rendering her powerless.
- Spectral Body Manipulation: She can manipulate the shape of her body in order to take the form of a flame.
- Superhuman Strength: While being chanted in Amity park, she was strong enough to easily overcome Danny.
- Superhuman Resistance: Her physical durability (ability to endure/resist damage) is considerably higher than many other ghost and possibly more than Danny- while being chanted by the whole world. She highly resistant to all forms of external physical damage.
- Superhuman Stamina: as many other ghosts she has a higher level of stamina than those of a normal human being.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are enhanced beyond normal human limits.
- Healing Factor: She can heal all her wounds in just a matter of seconds.
- Ecto-Tornado Cage: while being chanted by the whole world, she can create an upside down ecto-tornado cage to trap Danny.
- Ecto-Bubble: she can trap humans inside of a pink ecto-bubble.
- Pyrokinesis: she uses her flaming hair as a fire attack.
- Power Augmentation: Ember has the ability to enhance the powers of others like she does with Kitty's banishing kiss.
Electric Guitar: In the episode Fanning the Flames, she uses the guitar as a weapon when she plays a ghostly "love song" to place Danny under a love spell. This in turn makes him fall in love with Samantha Manson, his "platonic" girlfriend. The effect is broken by the end of the episode, but Danny and Sam fall in love on their own terms at the end of the series.
- Icons and Powers: Ember's guitar, has different icons in each close up, each icon represents the special abilities Ember can use. The icons and their effects are:
- A music note: Presumably for normal music playing.
- A spiral: For a hypnotizing spell.
- A flame: For a flame attack.
- A heart symbol: Used for a love spell.
- A skull: For a skull beam.
- A punch : For a punch beam.
- A wave: A generic energy beam or a sonic wave.
- She can also trap people in a ecto-bubble that no human can pass through.
Her guitar can also be used as:
- A "sword" in close combat.
- A flying board.
Ember has the ghosts' inherent weaknesses, such as ecto-ranium, blood blossoms, and anti-ghost weapons.
Her main weakness is the lack of chanting. The moment people stop chanting her name, she is rendered powerless, however this was only during her first appearance and she hasn't needed chanting ever since.
- In "Beauty Marked" Sam used make-up very similar to Ember's on Paulina, and later in Prince Aragon's castle, Sam wore similar make-up.
- Every time Ember uses her hypnotizing spell against a large amount of people, she seems to focus on a specific group. First, she targeted the teenagers. Later, she aimed against adults. Lastly, she affected women.
- Ember has appeared - and had cameos and has been referenced - in every TV movie except for "Reality Trip".
- Ember is one of the most famous characters of the show (right next to Danny himself Sam, Dani, and Dark Danny)
- Ember is the only character in the show to have her own 3 minute theme song which also turns out to be her first song on the show, "Remember."
- Ember making Danny fall in love with Sam and thus furthering the Danny/Sam relationship had caused her to become one of the most popular characters on the show. However, her lack of furthering the relationship in later episodes, along with the addition of new ghosts, caused her popularity to drop.
- Ember's use of 1970's lingo also suggests that she might have lived and died in the 1970's.
- At the start of the episode "13", Ember is seen in the Ghost Zone in a line leading to the Fenton ghost portal repeatedly being opened and closed by the DNA lock
- Robin Kimissel is the singing voice of Ember.
- Ember's boots are the same style as Gene Simmon's Kiss boots.
- Ember has had two costumes in the show, her normal pop-star outfit, and her pirate outfit in "Pirate Radio".
- In her first MCF appearence, it's revealed that she has found another bigger power through her guitar that can prevent magic to defeat her.
- Also she is the third Danny Phantom GHOST villain the girls encountered; the first were Dark Danny and The Ghost Writer.
- MCF: Fannign the Flames(Debut; upcoming)