Diablo is the secondary antagonist and Maleficent's pet raven. He is sly and loyal to his mistress no matter what the circumstances are. He has blackfeathers, purple bags, a yellow beak and feet; he was voiced by Dal McKennon and then by Frank Welker.
Diablo is first seen with Maleficent, crashing Princess Aurora's christening. There, Maleficent casts a spell on her that schedules her death to come at her sixteenth birthday when she pricks her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel. After the curse was set, Diablo and Maleficent departed. Oblivious to the villains, her rivals Flora, Fauna and Merryweather changed the curse so that Aurora would only fall into a deep sleep when she pricks her finger. Meanwhile, back at the Forbidden Mountains, Maleficent sends her goons on a hunt for the princess but fail to find her after sixteen years. It is revealed that they were foolishly looking for a baby for the entire hunt. Maleficent explodes in rage and sends Diablo to find her. He begins his search in the forest where he spots magic from wands being blasted out of a chimney. It is from Flora and Merryweather who have been hiding Aurora in their forest cottage to keep safe from Maleficent.
Diablo, knowing about where they live, quickly flies off and sends Maleficent the news to her great delight, and the villains capture Aurora's husband-to-be, Prince Phillip, instead. They hold him hostage in Maleficent's castle but Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather break him out. Diablo quickly rallies the goons to attack. However, they stand no chance against the fairies' magic, so Diablo heads for Maleficent's quarters. Merryweather gets mad at him and turns him into stone. Maleficent emerges, planning to silence the goons after hearing all the commotion, but she instead finds his stone body, gasping in shock before witnessing Phillip and the fairies making their escape, prompting her to take matters into her own hands.
Diablo first appears in "MCF: THe Sorcerer, the WAtchDog and the MCF" as one of Mafiafas' henchmen who lure Westley to him.
- Diablo is, without a doubt, Maleficent's only competent henchman.
- Like Jafar does with Iago, Maleficent treats Diablo MORE like an assistant than a pet.
- However, unlike Jafar and Iago's RELATIONSHIP, Maleficent and Diablo seem to have a mutual respect for one another.
- Diablo is the Spanish word for "devil or demon".
- Diablo was not actually named in the film itself.
- In Maleficent, the Diaval name pronounced similarly to 'devil', and in Sleeping Beauty, the Diablo name meaning 'devil'). In Irish Lore crows are associated with the winged battle goddesses the Morrigan (they sound similar, as well, to Maleficent). In most all other lore crows are associated with death, the dead, and trickery. Thus, they can be "devilish" birds.
- The scene where Maleficent reacts to Diablo's transformation into stone, prompting her to attack the heroes at end of Sleeping Beauty may have inspired a similar scene near the end of The Little Mermaid where Ursula attacks Ariel and Eric after accidentally killing her pet eels.
- Diablo is notably the first minion of a Disney villain to be killed in their respective film.
- MCF: The Sorcerer, the WatchDog and the MCF(DEbut)