Bia is one of Blu and Jewel's daughters in the movie "Rio 2." She looks like Jewel, but has the bookwormish personality of her father, having read everything in the Amazon before heading there. She is voiced by Amanda Seinberg.
Bia is first seen helping her brother and sister set up fireworks, showing her calculations in the soil. She is confident that the fireworks will go off to the beat of the music, but then doubts her work, thinking that she didn't carry the one. She is briefly annoyed when Tiago snatches the match from her. Blu and Jewel then show up, with Blu telling them that it's dangerous for them to play with fireworks unsupervised. As Blu's tail catches fire, he repeatedly says "no," leading Bia to say that that is his "27th 'no' today." As the fireworks go off, Bia watches with awe and wonder.
At breakfast, Bia reads some facts from a pancake recipe. She cheers alongside Carla when Blu kicks a blueberry onto a pancake, and watches excitedly as the news announces the discovery of a wild Spix's macaw found in the Amazon. She is ecstatic when her mother decides that they should go into the Amazon rainforest to help find the other macaws, noting that Blu not saying "no" meant that he "practically said yes."
She tells Blu about snakes that can "swallow you whole" in the Amazon, scaring him with a pop-up snake from her AMAZON BOOK. She brings the book with her to the Amazon, enjoying the journey. Bia sees many of the creatures she reads about in her books in real life, and is overjoyed with the experience. Once they arrive at the Amazon, Bia remarks on a larvae about to enter the pupa stage. Tiago laughs, thinking she said "poop." Bia calls him a birdbrain, and chases after him. She and the others are then picked up by some disguised blue macaws, and deposited in their sanctuary. As Jewel says that they've found the blue macaw tribe, Bia remarks that it was more like the blue macaws found them.
When she meets her grandfather Eduardo, she says it is nice to meet him, respectfully calling him "sir." Eduardo tells her to call him "pop-pop." and she hugs him with her brother and sister. She also runs away from Mimi, frightened when she tries to hug her and her siblings. Bia dances with her family during "Beautiful Creatures." When Roberto offers the family his nest to stay in, Bia briefly argues with her siblings over who gets the biggest bedroom. Jewel later sings them to sleep with a lullaby.
The next day, after she and other Spix macaw chicks watch Tiago prank Blu, Bia gives her father some clay, telling him that Mimi says it is good for digestion. She then cheers for Roberto and Blu during the soccer match, yet showing disappointment when Blu loses the match by accidentally kicking the ball into the wrong goal. She soon forgives him, however. During the fight against the loggers, Bia and Tiago control a tree harvester, driving it away from the rainforest. As the loggers flee, Bia, Carla and Tiago are seen hugging in their joy.
As Nigel and Gabi are supposedly dying, Bia suddenly points out that Gabi isn't poisonous. Nigel and Gabi are shocked, and both stare at Bia. Bia then states that it is a very common mistake, and that Gabi is harmless. She states that you can tell Gabi apart from poisonous frogs because of her pink spots. As Nigel tries to reach Blu, Blu pulls Bia and Tiago close to him in order to defend them, but Gabi drags Nigel away, happy that she is not poisonous.
Bia then dances with the tribe and her family during the celebrations, enjoying being in her new home in the Amazon.
MCF Stories Edit
Bia first appears in "MCF: Wander's World Tour" as one of the birds that Wander meets when he heads to Rio during his world tour.
She then appears in "MCF: Families Reunited at Last" in the episode "Strawberry's Berry Big World" where Orange and Raspberry land in the Amazon thanks to Angela, Jafar's student. There, Bia, Tiago and Carla befriend the two tiny humans and they along with the other birds, Charlie and the MCF and their assistants must save them from Nigel and Gabi.
- MCF: Wander's World Tour(Debut)
- MCF: Families Reunited at Last(episode: Strawberry's Berry Big World)
- Bia uses her head for dancing.
- She is seen holding maracas in the 2013 promo poster.
- In another poster, she is seen holding a BOOK and wearing reading glasses.
- Bia was originally going to be called "Jasmine," but her name was changed to Bia.
- She draws a math problem in the soil, just like her father does in the first movie.
- Bia enjoys watching TV in Linda and Tulio's cottage, along with both of her siblings.
- Bia gets very annoyed when her BROTHER randomly pops up and tries to annoy her.
- Bia eats jungle food, but also eats HUMAN food such as pancakes and soda.
- Bia is amazed when her mother shows her a flock of pink and yellow butterflies from her AMAZON BOOK.
- Bia enjoys riding an Rhea to the Amazon with her sister, Carla.
- Bia paints her face in "Beautiful Creatures" by taking a leaf over her head, and puts a flower over the leaf to paint her face in a pattern.
- Bia, and both her siblings, run away from their great-aunt Mimi when she tries to hug them.
- Bia is the first of Blu and Jewel's chicks to be named onscreen.
- Bia was born 3 minutes, 2.5 seconds after Carla and 3 minutes before Tiago.
- According to the original Rio 2 plot, Bia was supposed to become too afraid to fly. This was later changed, however, to the current plot.
- "Bia" is a nickname for "Beatriz," the Portuguese version of "Beatrice" and several other similar names.
- The Rio 2 end credits and the journey to the Amazon are done in the style of Bia's book.
- Bia is often seen with a butterfly. Coincidentally enough, there's a Neotropical genus of butterflies called "Bia," and in the butterfly family Nymphalidae