AJ is one of the friends of Timmy Turner on the Fairly Oddparents.He is a rich and smart, but he is considered as one of the most unpopular kids at Dimmsdale Elementary. He can be a bit of the showoff with his grade average being higher than Timmy's but he's still his friend nevertheless. He is an African American boy with blue eyes, a white shirt, a blue sweatervest, tan pants and black shoes; he is voiced by Gary Leroy Gray.
Not much is known about A.J. before he met Timmy Turner, but he and Timmy had only been friends for about a few years according to several episodes (Timmy had no friends beforehand since his parents sheltered him). By the time the Fairly OddParents series takes place, A.J. had been friends with Chester and Timmy for a while.
School and family life Edit
He lives with his family, who are considered wealthy (although not as well off as the Popular Kids orRemy Buxaplenty). In his house, it is revealed that he has a secret laboratory that he keeps hidden from his parents, the lab even has a clone of A.J. floating in a vat of liquid. Whenever his parents come into his room, A.J. flips a light switch and his room turns back into a normal boy's room. Although his parents are not as dumb as Timmy's parents, they are not exactly bright either, as they are still easily deceived byVicky and hire her to babysit A.J., she tortures him like any other kid, and she even installed cameras and traps in their house.
At school, A.J. is considered the smartest student in his class and quite possibly the whole school, although he was once challenged when Jimmy Neutron visited his universe. He always tends to get an A in his work, but in the "You Doo" episode, he gets his first F.
He is not considered a popular student despite being rich, probably because he hangs around Timmy and Chester.Sanjay and Elmer are considered his "backup friends", but they are on a whole other level of unpopularity.
In the episode Fairy Idol, A.J. left to work with some scientists on a hair growth formula, leaving Chester behind all alone. When Chester received Norm the Genie as a fairy godparent, he used Norm's powers to make A.J. and the other bald scientists grow hair. They were then able to get all the ladies they wanted, and refused to use their minds to work toward a way of solving the crisis Chester's other wishes had caused. Eventually the effects were unwished, and A.J. lost all his hair (and his girlfriend), sending him and the other scientists "back to the lab". By A.J.'s next appearance in the series however, he is a member of Mr. Crocker's class again.
Professor A.J. Edit
In "The Big Superhero Wish!" When Timmy made his superhero wish and everyone became a superhero, A.J. became Professor A.J. who floated around in a flying chair and had a huge exposed brain. He used his telepathic powers to attack his enemies and shield himself. He is a parody of Professor X from X-Men.
AJ played a minor role in the television movie trilogy Wishology, when he was captured by the Eliminators and held captive alongside Cosmo, Wanda, Jorgen, Chester, Trixie, Mr. Turner and Mrs. Turner. When he learns that Timmy could have used his fairies all along to cure his baldness, he shed a tear. He is saved when Timmy sacrifices himself into The Darkness, but does not appear much afterward.
Future life Edit
Bad Future Edit
An adult A.J. appears in the television movie Channel Chasers, during a sequence taking place in the "bad timeline" where the world has been taken over and destroyed by Vicky. He is muscular and has a flying board-like vehicle that he uses to escape Vicky's forces in the ruined future Dimmsdale! He appears to be wearing what looks to be like a tattered prison uniform, meaning that he and Chester may have been captured by Vicky at one point but escaped. He also harbored much resentment toward his old school. When he and Chester noticed it had been mostly spared from Vicky's destruction, A.J. leveled the building himself. After a long chase, and losing his friend Chester, A.J. makes it to his childhood house where he uses a microchip to complete a time travel belt he had hidden in his laboratory. However, the masked man that was chasing him suddenly captured him and handed him over to Vicky, then he took A.J.'s time belt and used it to change the past. Fortunately, the masked man turned out to be Future Timmy, and the world was restored to normal. Whatever fate awaited the captured future A.J. was erased after future Timmy succeeded in his missio
- RMCF: The Problem of Tootie(Debut)
- KC: Remy's Revenge(Return)
- Like Vicky, A.J.'s last name is unknown. Also, it's unknown what his initials, A.J. stand for.
- He is generally assumed to be African-American.
- One of A.J.'s ancestors settled in Dimmsdale Flats and he was an inventor and genius in its own right.
- He once tried to buy the internet.
- While A.J.'s family is obviously well off, he is not considered among the popular kids, possibly because of his high intelligence and because of his friendship with Timmy and Chester.
- Crash Nebula is his favorite Super-Hero, as showed in Sleepover and Over. But in Smarty Pants he says that he doesn't know anything about Crash Nebula. However A.J. may have started liking Crash Nebula at some point between Smarty Pants and Sleepover and Over since Smarty Pants came before Sleepover and Over.
- He is prematurely bald and is not happy about it as evidenced by Fairy Idol and Wishology.
- He lives across from Chester in front of some railroad tracks as shown in The Big Scoop!
- He does not like girl-scouts as he programmed a laser to fire at them as shown in The Big Scoop.
- The only episode, so far, that focuses on the friendship of Timmy and A.J. is Smarty Pants.
- He actually does work for the government as shown in Information Stupor Highway.
- His friendship with Timmy was more explored in earlier seasons.
- A.J. takes getting an "F" really hard as shown in "Shelf Life" and "Presto-Chango".
- In The Big Superhero Wish he, as Professor A.J., has an irregularly large brain, similar to Jimmy Neutron's superhero alter-ego, Brain Boy's from the last installment of Jimmy Timmy Power Hour.
- In It's a Wishful Life, it is revealed that if Timmy didn't exist, then A.J. would have a full head of hair and be in college at this point.
- A.J. was originally voiced by Ibrahim Haneef Muhammad (2001–2003) until he was replaced with Gary Leroi Gray (2003–present).
- A.J. shares some things with Dexter from "Dexter's Laboratory", both are intelligent and both have a laboratory